- In the Golden Rooster School we teach WuDang Tai Chi Chuan from the Cheng Ting Hung of Hong Kong lineage
- WuDang is a branch of one of the most popular form of tc. it is a medium frame form which means it can be performed safely by most people regardless of ability.....This makes it ideal for those who begin learning tc in later life..
- We are associated with Practical Tai Chi Chuan International.
- PTCCI schools can be found all over the world., so you know that if you train in Wudang Tai Chi Chuan with us you will be able to continue your study if you move..
- you have the choice of studying and grading tc as a a martial under the ptcci syllabus, or studying the health aspects alone (no applications) under the G|RS 1.2.3. Tai Chi syllabus.. We also provide a Daoist Qigong, and meditation syllabus. for those who find the Tai Chi syllabi daunting.
click here to see the latest wudang syllabus at the ptcci association website..
PTCCI Hand Forms
The hand forms are normally learned in the order Square Form, Round Formr, Mirror Form and Reverse Form.
Weapon forms are also learned and performed as Mirror Form.
San Sau (散手) self-defense applications are divided into the following subdivisions
1.2.3. Tai ChiHand Forms
The hand forms are normally learned in the following order: square standard and mirror, round standard and mirror.
5 step form
18 step form
34 step form
Long round form
these are also learned in standard and mirror form.
Applications are shown to inform the idea and original purpose of the movements, practice is optional.
tui shuo - pushing hands
a number of push hands drills are taught as solo and paired exercises to maintain and improve agility and footwork.